Recommendations/best practices for installing a SWG cell

carlscan26

TFP Expert
Platinum Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Dec 22, 2010
San Diego, CA
Other than the distance from the heater are there any other recommendations/best practices for installing the cell? I've seen comments about avoiding cell placement too low to the ground? What is a recommended height? Any other best practices?

I just installed my cell and put salt in the water today after finishing my pool last year. Just too many things to do.. anyway read up alot and here too. Couple of simple recommendations.

1- Test salt levels before adding any salt.
2- Use the good pool grade table salt- very fine
3- Start with 75% of what you think you actually need as far as salt and give yourself a few days to test and add - so you don't
OVER Do the salt. Easier to be patient than to add too much and end up with scaling, premature cell failure and other problems.
Otherwise its easier to add a bag or two then to remove them :cool:
4. Install the cell using a bypass loop so you can have the option manual shock or removal and repair - and still keep your pool flowing.
5. Balance your water before adding salt- just less to manage after/
6. Get the test strips or taylor test kit to test before, during and after salt.

Get advice on this board as there are many people more knowledgeable than me.

OH last after I added the salt I put my low voltage Electric Pool Cleaner/ Robot cleaner WITHOUT the filter and let it run- as a way to
stur up the salt along with running the pump full speed and then - brushing the pool

B

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.