Recently had a no cell power error on Aqualogic PS8

eric99gt

LifeTime Supporter
Sep 14, 2009
171
Houston, TX
So I'm having an issue with these boards. Recently had a no cell power error. From reading around I found many found a burnt K1 relay joint to be the issue. I took my board off and sure enough found the burnt area. Tried re-soldering to no victory. Next plan replace the board. I had a service tech replace the board and seemed as though all was well. Add some salt over the next two days as the level was low. Each time I would add salt I would get a high salt/amp error, it would eventually clear after the salt dissolved in to the pool. Now the new issue, 2 days later the problem is back. I take a look at the new board and notice the 20 amp fuse is blown. Before I just replace the fuse I want to be sure it's not a different problem. Any ideas on what could be causing my issues?
 

eric99gt

LifeTime Supporter
Sep 14, 2009
171
Houston, TX
So no ideas on why a fuse may pop that quickly? Called the pool supply store that sold the board and they stated it may be hooked up wrong or the salt cell may be causing the issues. I'm having the tech come back out today. Ya for spending more money.
 

eric99gt

LifeTime Supporter
Sep 14, 2009
171
Houston, TX
Well I had them come replace the fuse (only for warranty issues in case something is wrong) and it seems to be working for now. The unit stills seems to be getting much hotter than I remember. I'm guessing the exterior cover is around 120 degrees. Is this typical for those that have an aqua-logic?
 

Rsonder

New member
Aug 11, 2014
1
Calistoga/CA
I had the dreaded "no cell power" problem on my Hayward AquaLogic SWG system, in-ground gunite pool, 24,000 gal. After replacing the T-15 cell with an older one I kept around the problem temporarily changed to a readout "HighSalt/High Amps". I was ready to give up and call a tech when on this site I found a reference to a website "Nocellpower.com" with detailed problem and solution descriptions. Following their instructions I was able to fix the Aqualogic Board for the cost of a soldering iron and soulder (about $10) and learned something in the process.

Thank you Troublefreepool for the reference (don't recall where exactly I found this reference on yours site) and good luck, unlucky reader with the same problem. It's worth it! A new board costs many hudreds of $ when there is nothing wrong with it other than a defective soulder joint caused by the combination of a design flaw and a short-term power surge.
 

Other Threads of Interest