Stuart/FL
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
I'm in the process of building the pool and strongly considering adding the automation at this point. I asked PB for a quote and they are asking $2200 for Jandy AquaLink PDA automation and $3150 for Jandy AquaLink RS. Of cource I would like the RS but it seems like almost not worth it. I will have a small pool 11k gal, no spa, heater, one bubbler, and 3 color LED lights.

If I decide to add automation at later time when the budget allows me to do it should I expect to pay even more?

The problem w/ automation is that you really need to stick w/ a single manufacturer (esp. pump & SWG) be it Pentair, Hayward or Jandy. In addition each PB tends to stick with a manufacturer they're familiar with or get the best prices. What level of automation are you looking for/need?

Last edited:
I was hoping to control the heater, color lights, pump/SWG, and possibly the bubbler.

And that was my post about Migro Pool-fi. :)

At this point, I might just add a smart WiFi switch that cost $20 to control the lights on/off. PB said the pump comes with some kind of WiFi control. I will have to control the heater manually and not sure if anything needs to be controlled on SWG.

Unfortunately, I cannot add another 3K to our project. :(

You're always going to pay a premium with a PB, it depends on what your definition of reasonable is.

Last edited:
Reactions: alex800
But does $3K sound reasonable?

We are in the process of biding for a pool right now and our cost for automation using an RS8 is 3K above the base automation price, which is included in the spa price. Its not cheap but very nice to have. You basically never have to go out to the pad to do anything besides clean. I would say go for it. If you can look into having extra relays available for things like time controlled lighting or extra out door outlets for Christmas lights and what not.

Reactions: alex800

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.