Re- opening pool

Hi, we have lopsided pool and are going on vacation. so we decided to drain, readjust and then refill it when we come back, so we have a little peace of mind while there.

When we come back I plan to open it this time using the instructions on the pool school. It says to use Dichlor for the first four days to raise cholrine and CYA.

Went to the pool store yesterday and ask for DiChlor they sent me home with Pro Team brand (Zip Cholr) the active ingredient is Sodium Dichloro-s-triazinetrione 97% saying it provides 62 % of chlorine.

Is this the right stuff for opening the pool the PS way?? It says nothing about CYA..is it implied? Don't want to find out after four days that I have to put in stabilizer and wait to test again...

If anyone knows I would appreciate it.

Thank you thank you!!! Thought I had bought another chemical for my garage sale! :rant: So glad.

at least I can celebrate the small victory...They tested my water at the pool store and for the FIRST TIME they told me my water was perfect!! :whoot: To bad I have to drain it, but at least I will have lots of practice for next year :wink:

thanks again!

It should say Produces Stabilized Chlorine. Both dichlor and trichlor, when immersed in water produce chemicals reactions that yield both chlorine and CYA as well as some other products.

I know I have the chemical equations somewhere in my CPO docs but I am, at the moment, too unmotivated to go dig them out. I am sure it's on the web somewhere.

Scott

I too was pool stored into the Zip Chlor. Any idea how much it takes get the CYA up to levels we need? Being that my season is down to a few weeks to a month at best, I bought the HTH test kit instead of the TF100. With that said, I only have 2 tests for CYA and the pool store is an annoyingly heavy traffic pattern 10 mile drive away. So I want to get it up to a point where testing it is worthwhile. Or should I go ahead and just switch to the Clorox and HTH Stabilizer.

I gave it a shock dose of Zip Chlor last night, and today afterwork, FC is near zero. Water is clear (just finished the last foot of filling yesterday)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.