Re-build equip pad piping

Bren,

Welcome to TFP... A Great resource for all pool owners with sad looking equipment pads.. :shark:

I suggest you post a picture of your current pad and start asking questions..

I'm sure you'll get plenty of feedback.

My number one recommendation would be to use pump unions when reinstalling your pump.

They look like this and have an O-Ring on the threaded side. They do an excellent job of preventing leaks...

edit.. no pic.. I'll try again...

Thanks,

Jim R.

equip pad 3.jpg
My equip pad needs a little love...In preparation for some overhauling, I purchased new ball valves for main drain and skimmer and then purchased a Jandy 3-way valve...should i still use the ball valves along with 3-way on the suction side? Is this over-kill? I also purchased unions for my pump inlet and outlet. I want to make my SWG more accessible so i'm thinking of running it vertical or at minimum raising the horizontal piping up higher (pump outlet line is directly over SWG) for easier reach when removing to clean it. Any other suggestions for modifications are welcome! thanks in advance.

You don't need the ball valves with the three way. Those ball valves always end up sticking and then the handle snaps off.

You better check the manual to be sure the SWG can be mounted vertically. Seems to me that the Hydrogen gas it produces would just rise and collect in the plumbing,

Bren,

As Richard points out... I would not use ball valves.. for anything.. :p

The only thing I saw in the SWCG manual was diagram of the SWCG in a vertical position with an arrow showing an upward flow.. Basically flow switch at the bottom, water flowing up.
I did not see anything that said not to install vertically..

If up to me, I would not install vertically, but that is just a personal preference..

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thank you Richard and Jim...My pool sits higher than my equip pad so there is quite a lot of hydro pressure at my suction and return lines...If i want to do any work on my equipment at pad, (example: remove SWG) water flows out at a high rate. I would not be able to shut off both Main Drain and Skimmer lines with a 3-way only. I am willing to spend the money on some Jandy 2-way valves to allow a positive shut off of water from my pool lines...suction and return both.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.