Raypak vs Jandy jxi heater

georgygirl

Bronze Supporter
May 16, 2011
We’ve decided to replace our failing heater. I’m trying to decide whether to go back with what I have...Raypak 406A, using the cupronickel this time, or changing to a Jandy jxi. Any thoughts?

You'll find almost every one here saying Raypak. Very reliable and less parts to go wrong/be replaced in the event of failure.

I would stick with the Raypak.

The cupro-nickel exchanger is an unnecessary expense. PS03 the resident heater tech/installer even says they are
a waste of money.

The Raypak is the better of the two. The Jandy JXI is just the same as a Pentair MasterTemp.

If you maintain your water chemistry correctly, no need for cupronickel. If you spend the money on the cupronickel and still don't manage your water chemistry, you will still eat thru the heat exchanger but it will just take a little longer.

Thank you for your input. Decision made...Raypak it is. Our pool stays really well balanced...knock on wood. I’m a little disappointed in the heater only lasting 7 years. It appears to be in pretty good shape, but after replacing several parts, which I will now remove and keep as backup for the new one...I just don’t want to keep throwing money into it. Had several service calls last year for the same issue and nothing really fixed it. So it’s probably the circuit board.

Thanks again!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.