Raypak Low-Nox 337a stuck in SPARK

RowdyBear

Jul 22, 2016
Richardson, TX
I have the older version control board 337A with electronic ignition. The pilot is lit instantly but the unit stays in Spark, so the pilot is not rectified. I replaced the pilot assembly and it seems well grounded and lights up instantly.

Could it be the "tension" spark wire even though it sparks great? Or am I most likely needing a new control board at this point?

ps0303

TFP Expert
In The Industry
Jul 6, 2011
FL
Usually in this case, it's a bad control board. Just verify all of your connections are good and solid.

RowdyBear

Jul 22, 2016
Richardson, TX
I used a car spark plug wire to replace the original wire with same result. I also tested the valve by manually switching the main valve on. So I guess that leaves me with replacing the board.,

RowdyBear

Jul 22, 2016
Richardson, TX
I finagled a "best offer" deal off ebay for a used board and it has resolved the problem. It fired right up, so the failure to rectify the pilot flame was on the control board. The newer boards are a nice improvement over the originals. I noticed a very strong spark and I also noticed that 94F now feels cool in the hot tub whereas before it was all I could stand. So now were at 97/98. Perhaps not a surprising difference with a board swap.