Raypak LCD replacement: Need some verification before ordering

ATONESIR

May 22, 2020
Philly Area
The heater works fine, but I can't see anything on the LCD. I took things apart just to see model numbers before I am ordering and want to make sure I get the right part. I DO NOT want to replace the entire board, just the LCD, as the heater is working just fine (we only use it for the spa).

I found this part on Amazon, is this the correct replacement? Amazon.com: Raypak 013640F LCD Display Pool Stat-Kit: Garden & Outdoor

I am attaching photos of the LCD and board for extra clues. RaypakBoard.jpgRaypakLCD.jpg

@ps0303 seems to be the go-to guy for this. Thanks in advance. Now I need to find the model of my intermatic timer that eats OFF dogs.

ajw22

Gold Supporter
TFP Guide
Jul 21, 2013
Northern NJ
Or @Pool Clown or @swamprat69

What model Raypak manufactured when?

Dont do what this guy did with his new display...

ATONESIR

May 22, 2020
Philly Area
@ajw22 Where do I get that information? I posted photos of the board and the lcd. Pool came with the house.

I already cleaned the pins and made sure connections were tight. Heats fine, just no display.

ATONESIR

May 22, 2020
Philly Area
I'll get on it first thing in the AM. They left me the manual, but it doesn't say which model I actually have. Thanks again. I see that pre-post 2011 is the difference between 300 or 35 bucks.

ATONESIR

May 22, 2020
Philly Area
@ajw22 It seems my model number is P-R4406A-EN-C

EDIT: Here is the pertinent info from the online manual for the R406A unit:
4-C -- P.C. Board/Control -- 013464F
7-C -- LCD Display --Units manufactured from 5/2011 -- 013640F

Fingers crossed

Last edited:

ps0303

TFP Expert
In The Industry
Jul 6, 2011
FL
@ajw22 It seems my model number is P-R4406A-EN-C

EDIT: Here is the pertinent info from the online manual for the R406A unit:
4-C -- P.C. Board/Control -- 013464F
7-C -- LCD Display --Units manufactured from 5/2011 -- 013640F

Fingers crossed
The part you listed from Amazon is the correct and one. You're good to go!

Pool Clown

In The Industry
Sep 5, 2008
Silicon Valley, CA
Sorry to chime in after you have ordered...

I wonder how old this heater is? Raypak had a problem with those displays and even had a recall several years ago. If you were to call Raypak with the serial number, perhaps you can get the board for free.

Edit: See your serial number, looks like 2013. That would have been about the time.

ATONESIR

May 22, 2020
Philly Area
Sorry to chime in after you have ordered...

I wonder how old this heater is? Raypak had a problem with those displays and even had a recall several years ago. If you were to call Raypak with the serial number, perhaps you can get the board for free.

Edit: See your serial number, looks like 2013. That would have been about the time.
Thanks for the info. I'll give it a go.