Raising PH without causing cloudiness

firstpool2020

Jul 5, 2020
Kentucky
If you have read my post history, you know it has been a ride! Pool is now not cloudy, free of flocc, free of algae, nice and clean but the PH is off. Last shocked about 24 hrs ago. Readings are as follows:
FC - 5
PH - 7.0 or less
TC - 3

Before we shocked it we were at:
FC - 3
PH - 7.1 about
TC - 3

I cannot do FAS-DPS due to lack of testing kit and cannot get one quickly, I have to work with what I have. Testing kit says add soda ash but will this make my pool cloudy? I read the guide and also another post on here from someone who used the calculator added 5.5lbs of it to a 6.9 PH pool and it shot up to a PH of 11 and was cloudy. So now I am scared.

Help?!

RETESTED SINCE POSTING:

PH - Less than 7
Drops of Base Added to get it to 7.4 = 8
FC - 3
TC 3
CC - 0
TA - 50 PPM

Last edited:
If you have read my post history, you know it has been a ride! Pool is now not cloudy, free of flocc, free of algae, nice and clean but the PH is off. Last shocked about 24 hrs ago. Readings are as follows:
FC - 5
PH - 7.0 or less
TC - 3

Before we shocked it we were at:
FC - 3
PH - 7.1 about
TC - 3

I cannot do FAS-DPS due to lack of testing kit and cannot get one quickly, I have to work with what I have. Testing kit says add soda ash but will this make my pool cloudy? I read the guide and also another post on here from someone who used the calculator added 5.5lbs of it to a 6.9 PH pool and it shot up to a PH of 11 and was cloudy. So now I am scared.

Help?!
You either need a TA reading for poolmath or a base demand test result to do some number crunching to know the dose. Even if the water clouds up a little, it won't last long.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.