Raised Wall Material/Spa Back Material - Silly Question

JMSMommy

Bronze Supporter
Sep 26, 2020
Sugar Land, TX
Hi! So.....I am really silly for asking, but I need to ask anyways. Are those veneer stones that are available okay for salt water pools? I am assuming yes, but I like to over think every decision I make...

Also, I have two raised walls - one with three sheer decents and another with a weeping wall. I am thinking of removing the weeping wall. Now that I think about it, I think it is just going to be a wet wall with water trickling down, right? Any opinions on that?

Please help me move on with me day..veneer stones - okay for salt water pools and whether I should remove the weeping wall. Thanks all!

spd500

Jul 20, 2020
Houston, TX
The veneer stones that people put on their raised walls are in lots of pools with no issues at all. There are some people that say there is more damage to the softer stones with salt water and there are people who say that there is no issue at all. I suspect that it is more about the full chemistry of the water than simply adding the SWCG system, but have no proof. I would personally leave off the weeping wall feature ad just go with the sheer descent waterfalls. Even if it does not damage the stone I would be afraid that would be a constant source of added work to keep the calcium and discoloration cleaned off where it drips down the wall.

Reactions: JMSMommy

JMSMommy

Bronze Supporter
Sep 26, 2020
Sugar Land, TX
The veneer stones that people put on their raised walls are in lots of pools with no issues at all. There are some people that say there is more damage to the softer stones with salt water and there are people who say that there is no issue at all. I suspect that it is more about the full chemistry of the water than simply adding the SWCG system, but have no proof. I would personally leave off the weeping wall feature ad just go with the sheer descent waterfalls. Even if it does not damage the stone I would be afraid that would be a constant source of added work to keep the calcium and discoloration cleaned off where it drips down the wall.

Thanks. That was my thought on the weeping wall. I am going to remove it.
I need to move on with my day...pool design is taking over my life. :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: Nikilyn