Rain water turning deep end green?

Chippa

Jan 19, 2020
Western Australia
Hi All,

Pool has been looking great thx to all the helpful ppl here.
We had a small downpour here this morning and I've just gone outside to inspect the pool and noticed that the water at the deep end has started going green from run off which comes from our cabana roof into pool.

Can someone please explain if I have something else going on with my water chemistry or is this just unwanted nutrients from whatever has been sitting on the cabana roof and has washed into water???20200130_072217.jpg20200130_072244.jpg

Just keep in mind that if the SWG is running then there's no way to know what FC loss you may have. Check the water after dark, no SWG and retest in the morning before the sun up. With the high temps you have you may be better off bumping up the CYA some.

Just keep in mind that if the SWG is running then there's no way to know what FC loss you may have. Check the water after dark, no SWG and retest in the morning before the sun up. With the high temps you have you may be better off bumping up the CYA some.
Yeah i tested the water after the pump had been off last night for about 40 mins then checked it this morning before pump came on...will look at jumping up CYA.

We do have white gums next to our property which shed a lot of yellow pollen in early summer months so maybe some of that plus dirt has washed in from our cabana roof...makes sense I guess as the rest of the pool was clear.

Look at the dirt on the pool patio - cabana roof should have a rain cutter to redirect the rain water, and it interesting how they sloped the pool patio towards the pool - look like you are stuck with rain water / dirt running into the pool. Think you need the caulk that gap between the coping and pool patio...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.