DeQuincy, Louisiana
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair iChlor 30
Had a torrential downpour today for quite sometime. Water is blue but somewhat cloudy. I also performed an OCLT with the resulting loss of 0.6 FC overnight. Below are my results and some pictures of the pool currently. Let me know your thoughts because this should be crystal clear right?
The CH I’m assuming dropped due to the amount of rain and water exchange? I have an over fill line installed on my pool.

FC - 8
PH - 7.6
TA - 90
CH - 200
CC - 0
Salt - 3970
CYA - 70
SWG - 50%

Attachments

• 313A1EC3-1425-4372-BCFC-995E123D9AEC.jpeg
    313A1EC3-1425-4372-BCFC-995E123D9AEC.jpeg
    276.1 KB · Views: 6
  • 3CFBDEC2-EEBD-4D6D-BABC-37213F9254B6.jpeg
    3CFBDEC2-EEBD-4D6D-BABC-37213F9254B6.jpeg
    401.2 KB · Views: 5
Then you did not exchange any water. Or the pool is not properly mixed yet. Be sure to run the pump for a good 24 hours if you had significant water exchange.

Reactions: KJB1 and JB89
Then you did not exchange any water. Or the pool is not properly mixed yet. Be sure to run the pump for a good 24 hours if you had significant water exchange.
Anything special to do before a rain event to ensure my water stays clear? I hear of most people never having a problem when it rains, but for some reason mine clouded up and I’m currently slamming after confirming my OCLT and Overnight gain test we’re good.

Before a rain, I usually
1) drain water if it’s forecasted to rain more than 2 inches
2) add a little extra chlorine
3) adjust my ph if needed

I haven’t had any issue yet with cloudiness due to rain.

Reactions: Newdude
And California has had a lot of rain recently! How is your area/neighborhood holding up?
Our homes are old and seems nearly everyone has some type of leak situation. We are looking at getting a new roof this summer once the rain ends.
I figured the rain would taper, but it’s still going strong. Sadly depending on where you are in CA the situation can be a bit dire. We are not prepared for constant heavy downpour of 4-12 inches at a time.

Before a rain, I usually
Before a rain, I usually
1) drain water if it’s forecasted to rain more than 2 inches
2) add a little extra chlorine
3) adjust my ph if needed

I haven’t had any issue yet with cloudiness due to rain.
Ok thank you I’ll try this for the next event.

Last edited by a moderator:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.