Rain fried my pump?

Neen21

Jul 18, 2018
Kannapolis, nc
So yesterday we got a bad rain storm here in NC. Sometimes with heavy rain, my pump gfci plug will trip. Today when I went to reset it I heard like a crackle in the pump and now there’s no power to the pump. The outlet is working. The reset and test buttons on the plug work as well. Is it possible my pump got fried out? I can get a replacement obviously but would rather avoid the cost if I can. Thoughts?

Sound like there was an electrical short with that popping sound. Some moisture in there perhaps. Whether it did permanent damage is hard to know. You can try to remove the protective cover to gain some access and see if there are any charred marks or residual moisture that might just need more time to try. I don't know if there is anything you can easily replace in those models. If not, the motor might just be bad and not be worth the effort to repair. But maybe another Intex owner will reply if they had a similar experience.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.