Rain and Tests

carnivalday

Gold Supporter
Bronze Supporter
Oct 25, 2017
Ocala, FL
So Im sitting here this rainy Saturday morning, just ran all my tests (added some MA, pH back up to 8; was able to do a pH test since my FC is down to 9...dont I sound smart? hahahah!!!!), and Im wondering, how much would you expect your test results to differ after a decent rains, say an inch of rain. Or would it be insignficant.

mknauss

Mod Squad
TFP Expert
Bronze Supporter
May 3, 2014
Laughlin, NV
Rain has negligible effect on pool water chemistry. Just be sure to take your water sample from a few inches below the surface of the pool water.

Good job on testing. Be sure to turn your SWCG back on in the next few days.

Reactions: carnivalday

carnivalday

Gold Supporter
Bronze Supporter
Oct 25, 2017
Ocala, FL
Thanks Marty, I will. Funny, when I was watching pool videos on Youtube a few months ago, I couldnt understand a single thing on any of them, they might as well have been speaking Swahili as much as I understood what they were saying. However, the ONE thing that I did understand and remember was one guy saying when to take your water sample, turn the cup upside down, and stick it down in the water up to your elbow before turning the cup over and getting the sample. So I did learn one thing!

kimkats

Mod Squad
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 10, 2012
Tallahassee, FL
Your cage will help "diffuse" the effects of a BIG rain as far as the effects on the pH. When we get a BIG rain my pH almost always goes up a bit. Just remember that if you drain some of the water out due to the addition of the rain it will take some of your CYA and salt with it. I can't remember...........do you have an overfill pipe from the pool?

One thing I try to tell people learning to care for their pool is it will all start to sink in as you use it. I bought the test kit BEFORE I clicked the buy button on our replacement pool. I wanted to make sure I COULD do the tests! I could and it even was FUN!

YOU are why I do this! You ask questions, listen AND question what is said THEN come back for more!! :hug:

Kim:kim:

• Love
Reactions: carnivalday