Radiant Above Ground Pool - Custom Size

teknoprep

Feb 21, 2022
MO
I am looking at installing a Radiant Metric Series Above Ground pool. It will be semi in ground and will mainly be used to swim laps Also I have space constraints.

Two questions:
-Is there a minimum in ground depth? I’m building a deck so need it to be 1’ underground and 3’ above.
-Can you do custom sizes? I see the panels are 4’. Their Emerald comes in 12’ x 20’ - could we swap a panel and turn that into a 8’ x 24’?

Thank you!

My initial response is that you should be asking Radiant that question. I think they're not going to say its possible because the liners they provide are specific sizes. Perhaps you'd have to order a different liner from a different dealer ($$ added cost) if the panels themself can be tweaked smaller/longer.

Have you talked to any PBs about a custom size inground pool?

Maddie :flower:

Hey Tekno !!!
+1 to Maddie above.

Call both Radiant and Optimum (a comparable option) to find local dealers.

I went down a pretty good sized Radaint rabbit hole and rewrote my response several times because the answers kept changing. For example.

Some pools need to be at least half buried, others don't.

The liners are prefab, but they also do liner over stairs, so those are 'custom' and they'd be able to custom yours instead. (For a fee, I'm sure)

The rectangles use what appear to be identical supports, so in theory you could be structurally sound at any 4 ft interval within their minimum and maximum lengths. But will they approve one that wasn't already precertified ?

I did not go down the Optimum rabbit hole but I imagine the answers are just as gray area -y.

Call em both. Keep us posted. (y)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.