R-0012 Reagent dropper size wrong!!???

PoolUmp

Silver Supporter
Aug 15, 2016
Bakersfield/CA
Just a public service announcement. When I ordered my TF-100 refill kit, the dropped on my R-0012 was the wrong size drops. I hope mine was an isolated case, but just giving folks a heads up. I knew something wasn’t right when I ran a full panel, and one of my numbers was WAY off of normal!

The chances of the dropper size being incorrect are remote. The precision of the hole size actually has very little to do with the size of the drop......it is the spherical shape of the tip that allows the drop to form through surface tension and then fall off the tip by gravity. The supplier of those tips doesn't make any other size and they are ordered in large quantities.

How do you know the CH test was incorrect?

What was the result of the CH test?

We'll help you get it figured out but, I promise, it will not be the dropper tip.

Post back and give us a bit more info, I think it can be solved pretty easily.

Reactions: setsailsoon
The chances of the dropper size being incorrect are remote. The precision of the hole size actually has very little to do with the size of the drop......it is the spherical shape of the tip that allows the drop to form through surface tension and then fall off the tip by gravity. The supplier of those tips doesn't make any other size and they are ordered in large quantities.

How do you know the CH test was incorrect?

What was the result of the CH test?

We'll help you get it figured out but, I promise, it will not be the dropper tip.

Post back and give us a bit more info, I think it can be solved pretty easily.
I switched the dropper to the one on my old bottle of same reagent, and fixed it. I promise you, the drops were smaller. I can mail it to you so you can see for yourself.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.