Quick question regarding pool cleaner

I hope this is the proper area for this post as it has to do with both the Kreepy Krawly style cleaners and pool plumbing The pool header has 3 unmarked valves leading to the pump previous owner stated they controlled the pool floor drain and skimmers. No information on which one each is associated with. My question is when I use the KK to clean the pool to waste do the skimmers and main floor drain/skimmer valves need to be shut to prevent excess water drainage. Apologies if this is a simple question, I am brand new to pools and want to be sure. Thanks for any insight.

You can shut whatever sources of water you wish so long as there is still sufficient flow to the pump to keep it from cavitating (a bad sound pumps make when starved of water).

Kreepy Krauly is Pentair's brand name for all of their vacuums, just like GM's Buick. You may want to mention the model name of cleaner you have. But regardless the comment above should apply for whatever suction style cleaner you have.

You can shut whatever sources of water you wish so long as there is still sufficient flow to the pump to keep it from cavitating (a bad sound pumps make when starved of water).

Kreepy Krauly is Pentair's brand name for all of their vacuums, just like GM's Buick. You may want to mention the model name of cleaner you have. But regardless the comment above should apply for whatever suction style cleaner you have.

Thanks for the reply. Should the filter valve be set to waste to remove dead algae remnants?

Generally no. The main goal of a suction cleaner is to remove contaminants from your pool and have them captured in the filter. Normally you would only vacuum to waste if the pool had a large volume of debris and you were in the process of clearing a swamp or green pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.