Questions on pool size and depth

Kcpenton88

May 21, 2020
Huntsville AL
My husband and I have finally picked a style for our new fiberglass pool but are a little torn on the size choices.
We will be installing a freeform Leisure pools Riveria. There are 2 sizes, 30’3“x13’11” with a deep end depth of 5’7” and a 34’1”x14’6” with a deep end depth of 5’10”. The 34’ is $6,000 more expensive.

Our biggest concern is the depth on the 30’. Does anyone have a pool this depth? Are you happy with it? Not sure if the small amount of size and depth we would gain is worth the additional money.

Pool will be used for lounging and entertaining for the most part.

Any advice or thoughts are greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
I suspect she forget a "1" and meant 13'11"! ;)

Bigger is usually better but if budget is a concern, get the smaller one and spend the extra on more decking.

How tall are you? How tall are your friends? The pool won't be filled to the rim, so even short women could stand in the deep end while playing volleyball or whatever with the shallower one. Treading water is no fun.

Neither pool is really deep enough to dive into and a shallower pool is more likely to discourage anyone from trying.

My opinion and worth every cent you paid for it!

How tall are you? How tall are your friends? The pool won't be filled to the rim, so even short women could stand in the deep end while playing volleyball or whatever with the shallower one. Treading water is no fun.

Neither pool is really deep enough to dive into and a shallower pool is more likely to discourage anyone from trying.

My opinion and worth every cent you paid for it!
Thank you for your opinion! I’m 5’5 and my husband is 5’11. Most of our friends are around the same. I anticipate the smaller pool will be 5’1” at the deepest so I am thinking we all would be able to stand in the whole pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.