Questions before first SLAM

BAM !!! Both are unions that screw apart and more importantly go back together. (y)
Well, that's good news! Thanks for your quick response! I'm not sure when we are going to attempt this. The sooner the better, I know. I will keep FC at SLAM levels until then. Also, is there any other component of the pool system I need to consider? Any other reason to have green algae in clear water with SLAM levels of FC?

Any other reason to have green algae in clear water with SLAM levels of FC?
If it was elsewhere, like say, behind a light niche, it would grow outwards and be killed in the water. Anything that settled on the floor or made it through the filter would be grey-ish dust lookin stuffs. It appears you have live algae coming from the returns so the filter is by far the best bet at this point. It may not be the only hiding spot, but we won’t know until we can rule it out.

The reason for brushing so much during SLAM is because algae grows a biofilm over itself to protect it from harsh environments. You have to keep exposing the layers to kill it fully. Nothing has brushed inside your filter so although the elevated FC probably made a dent in it….. there could be a lot of gunk still thriving there.
I'm not sure when we are going to attempt this. The sooner the better, I know
Life gets in the way for all of us. None of us would recommend that you start at 9pm on a Monday once the kids are asleep after a long day of summer activities. Do the best you can to schedule some time. :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.