Questions about deck repainting and acid washing.

RogerThat

Aug 4, 2020
Gainesville, Florida
Firstly, I'm about to repaint my deck. It's concrete cool deck. My question is how do I clean/degrease my deck around the edge of my pool with out contaminating my pool water. Specifically, the over hang that is just above the water line? Also, what is the best thing to use to clean/degrease the surface before repainting?

Secondly, after draining and lightly acid washing my pool, what do I use to neutralize the acid at the bottom of the pool before pumping it out?

Ok, I thought you were referring to an actual Cool Deck coating. These surfaces are normally a spray on material that use specialized equipment.

Since its basically repainting then the standard prep should apply. Clean it well, acid wash if necessary or TSP, pressure wash, etc...

It's Behr premium siliconized acrylic for concrete.

Good stuff and what the previous owners used at my place. Just picked up a gallon yesterday.

I do what bdavis suggests.
I had some moss growth under my cantilever coping and a little on the sides. Used a hand scrub brush and went around the edges. Not fun, but effective. Too dangerous to pressure wash that part. If I missed I could Pierce my liner.

Good stuff and what the previous owners used at my place. Just picked up a gallon yesterday.

I do what bdavis suggests.
I had some moss growth under my cantilever coping and a little on the sides. Used a hand scrub brush and went around the edges. Not fun, but effective. Too dangerous to pressure wash that part. If I missed I could Pierce my liner.

I was planning to get in the pool and pressure wash the cantilever. It has a decent amount of algae, grime, and other matter that has built up over the years. I was thinking I need to use some degreaser on it but, have major concerns about getting that stuff in the pool water. Wondering if PWing and scrubbing will be enough for a good bond.

I was planning to get in the pool and pressure wash the cantilever. It has a decent amount of algae, grime, and other matter that has built up over the years. I was thinking I need to use some degreaser on it but, have major concerns about getting that stuff in the pool water. Wondering if PWing and scrubbing will be enough for a good bond.
It should be or use diluted acid since that wouldn't be a big deal when it gets into the water

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Get your favorite floatie and a cold drink and pressure wash from the inside so you can keep as much out of the pool as possible. We have 5 large dogs and this was a big question in my mind as well, so far this is all I have come up with.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.