Question re: use of Sparkle Conquest...

Magnew

LifeTime Supporter
Oct 23, 2011
Orlando, FL
Last year, in order to eliminate some discoloration on the walls of my pool, somebody recommended Sparkle Conquest. I used it, and quite frankly the results were spectacular.

More than a year later, I have the same discoloration in my walls. However, I have only recently learned what I was doing re: pool chemistry, and my water is now perfect (thanks to Pool School and the great mentors on this web site).

I don't want to potentially ruin the progress I have made by re-introducing this product back into my pool, but I don't know enough to say whether it does any harm. I only know that it exceeded my expectations the last time I used it, for the problem I was having.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Bama Rambler

Mod Squad
TFP Expert
Bronze Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Jun 22, 2009
SouthWest Alabama
It's a phosphonic acid derivitive which is the preferred sequestrant here. I don't think it'd hurt anything in your pool. Have you ever had metals in your water?

Magnew

LifeTime Supporter
Oct 23, 2011
Orlando, FL
Thanks Dave. I do not know if there were any metals in the water. I don't believe I've ever tested for them. Nonetheless, Conquest really worked last time. My walls, and only my walls, look like they are rust stained.

Thread Status
Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.