N Florida
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool Universal40
I am ready to go all in salt, final question on sizing.
Decided to go with the Circupool Universal, seems to be a simple and solid proven design. Will wire it into my mechanical pump timer.
My pool is 10,000 gallons running a single-speed pump. I have no plans to change this 3 year old pump for some time, so I want to go with a larger size swg so I can minimize pump running time.

I am tossed between the Universal-25 or the Universal-40.
- My current liquid chlorine consumption is 3 cups per day in the summer, down to about 1 cup in the winter. (north Florida in a screened enclosure)
- I would like to keep filter run-time to about 5 hours per day.

thanks!

P,

In addition..

The 40 produces 2 lbs. of chlorine gas per day. That is 1 ppm of FC per hour at 100% output. Or .5 ppm at 50% 5 hours gives you 2.5 ppm at 50%

The 25 produces 1.25 lbs. of chlorine gas per day. That is .625 ppm of FC per hour at 100%. Or .3125 ppm at 50% 5 hours gives you 1.5 ppm at 50%

I would never want to be running my cell at 100% just because you have zero adjustment left.

In the summer, most pools use 2 to 4 ppm of FC per day.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Now I have a question on run times with the single speed pump.
I am thinking setting the mechanical timer to run the pump and swcg at 3 intervals:
9am-11am, 2pm-4pm, 7pm-9pm
Using Jimrahbe's calculations above, this will allow me to run at 50% in the summer, adjusting down to 20% as winter comes, and it should duplicate my prior daily evening dose of liquid-C.

Thoughts on this schedule?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.