Question on Salt level

Jwmote

Bronze Supporter
Apr 6, 2018
Bedford/Tx
Hello,

I am using the Taylor k1766 to test my salt levels. My question is does the temp of the water affect this reading? I had perfect salt level before the winter and now it is reading at 2000 ppm which is too low for the saltwater cell. It is supposed to be around 3,000. I just want to make sure if I add salt now to bring it up to 3,000 it isn't going to say over salt level later.

Also is it normal to lose that much salt over the winter? It is getting to be warm enough (over 65) that I can run the chlorine generator again now to get ready for warmer weather.

Thanks in advance.

J,

I do not believe that the Taylor K-1766 is affected by temperature, at least not much... I have an overflow and we had plenty of rain this year, so I don't find it unusual that my salt is much lower than it was at the end of last year...

The salt level that the cell reports is affected a lot by the water temperature..

I've started running my SWCG about a month ago..

Thanks,

Jim R.

I didn't winterize I let it run all winter since the system has a freeze protection. I have added water though to top it off and we have had a lot of rain. Just wasn't sure since adding another 126+ lbs of salt seems like a lot to top it off. first time I have had an inground pool with salt though. I used to have above ground with salt but had to refill it every spring anyway. wasn't sure what to expect salt level wise over the winter.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.