Question on correct wiring for AquaCal PoolPilot and Variable Speed Pump

BlueWRXPride

Jun 18, 2020
Syracuse, NY
Hello all,

I have a new pool install, and I have a AquaCal PoolPilot digital SWG, with a Century V-Green 165 variable speed pump. It looks like the electrician wired up the SWG to be able to control the power to the pump via a relay, since currently the pool pilot is set to have the pump on from 8am to 12am, and between there there is no power to the pump. However, it seems that is not how a VSP should be set up since I can program a 24 hr pump cycle directly into the pump. In the PoolPilot, I can set the pump type to 1 speed, 2 speed, remote, or external timer. It's currently set to 1 speed. If I set it to remote or external timer, then the pump doesn't receive power. Should this have been wired up so that the pool pilot has no control over the power to the pump? Or should I just set the pool pilot schedule to have the pump on from 8am to 7:59pm, and then schedule my pump directly?

The V green should be wired directly to receive power 24/7.. I just installed mine and had to rewire it that way... you could leave it exactly like you have it wired and turn on 24 hour in the pool pilot...

I really like the remote for it as it gives you how much power it is using and you can set freeze protection temp... also give you the ability to set rpm by 25, so 725, 750, 775, 800 :)

if you do not wire it directly you could set the schedule for 24 hours on.. I think it is but not sure...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.