Question about speaker placement

Yarzy

Jul 16, 2020
PA
Hi everyone, we just put in our pool and I am going to install speakers around the pool. I have a question about the placement of the speakers when it comes to stereo/mono. The current plan is to put 8 speakers and 2 in-ground subs. I am using 2 sets of these Monoprice Sycamore Outdoor 2.1 Speaker System with 8-inch Subwoofer and 2.5-inch Satellites (3 piece) - Monoprice.com running from this amp Crown XLi 1500. I will also be using a 300 watt volume control. My question is how should I install the speakers when it comes to R and L. Should I just alternate R and L around the pool or should I just make them all mono? Something inside me is saying mono is bad but I am wondering if I will actually hear any imaging with it being placed R and L. They will be spaced about 8-10 feet apart. Also, any ideas on the best place to install the subs? Should they be on the long ends or narrow sides of the pool? It is in a pretty open space so there is no objects to reflect more/less bass in areas. Curious if anyone has done this and how they have it run. Thanks!

ajw22

Gold Supporter
TFP Guide
Jul 21, 2013
Northern NJ
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-60
I would alternate R & L. The imaging you hear will depend on where you are relative to a pair.

I have 8 speakers alternating R & L. If you don't crank up the volume too much you tend to hear the sound from the speakers near you and not the other ones.

I don't have subs to comment on their placement.

Thread Status
Hello , This is an inactive thread. Any new postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. You will get much more visibility by Starting A New Thread