Question about mini pebble plaster changing color

Mar 13, 2018
Gainesville/FL
I had my pool resurfaced last summer and the PB did the wrong color, so now they're about to do it over again. I had Stonescapes mini pebble put in, and at first it was a dark blue, and changed over several months to a dark grayish blue color.

I was just wondering if that is a natural occurrence, or if it could be based on something else, like pool chemistry or brushing?

The pool I looked at as a reference with the color I chose was a beautiful light blue. My PB told me she saw it recently and it looks terrible and had turned brown because of the pool service not taking care of it. It made me worry about how temperamental these finishes are? I can understand getting stains or spots due to lack of maintenance, but for all the plaster to turn colors at the same rate--is that normal? It made me wonder if my pool turning from blue to grayish was normal, or due to lack of proper maintenance? Just curious what I should expect this time around.

Merged threads - Marty TFP Mod

My pool is being refinished (PB did it the wrong color, so we're redoing it), and I'm wondering about using the Stonescapes mini pebbles for Aqua White, but instead of tinting the plaster blue, just using those pebbles on a white plaster. My PB is pretty adamant that tinted plaster is not a good idea and won't warantee a colored pool. I don't like Aqua Cool, so thought using colored pebbles might give it enough color.

Curious if anyone has done this?

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.