Question about ladder installation

cteal

Bronze Supporter
Jun 25, 2017
Birmingham, AL
Hi there. We put our pool in last year and just now getting around to putting the ladder in the deep end. We have brass anchor sockets that do not have a metal channel that connects the two. Do we need that?

How far down do we need to dig to ensure they are set in concrete well enough? Interested in depth of concrete and also how far around the anchors will need concrete as well. We will have pavers on top. Thank you.

I used the 6-inch SR Smith Bronze anchors for my ladder and handrail, as we did pavers too. The additional length helps keep the anchor bolts flush with the top, but still give plenty of anchor to be embedded into the concrete. The lip of my pool had a concrete anchor collar poured all around it, which I core drilled then grouted the anchors into. They are rock solid.
The anchors with the channel are nice, but are not required. If you are pouring all the concrete, I believe a substantial amount is needed to ensure they don't move. Below is a picture of mine, prior to pouring the grout.
IMG_2082.JPG

These are the only ones I can find and do not look like yours. Yours has the screw thing at the top. Which is what I need. Do you remember where you got yours?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190507-091046_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20190507-091046_Chrome.jpg
    113.8 KB · Views: 4
You are right, those aren't for ladders or handrails. I apologize. I was trying to go off memory, my Anchors were not SR Smith. They were by PermaCast. If I recall they weren't easy to find, but not impossible. I got them from wholesalepoolequipment.com.bigboy.JPG

It's been a year since I installed them, and if I recall with pavers there really is no other option than to use the 6-inch style. My pool builder tried to convince me that a 4-inch plastic anchor would have sufficed, but I wasn't buying it. I do not regret ignoring him and spending the extra for the longer bronze anchor.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.