scc2687

Jun 2, 2021
Oakville,ON
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
I have a inground pool and spa which all are connected to the same pump and controlled by jandy valves (returns and jets). I am wondering can I slowly turn the jandy valves when pump is running to switch pool or spa mode? Or can I move the jandy valve to a position that outlet port to the pool is 100% open and outlet port to spa is 45% open, so I can pump some fresh water to the spa and I don't have to turn off the pump. Thanks for any advices.

Your idea should work just fine.. What you don't want to do is turn the valve to a position where the pump gets zero water in and/or the pump has no place for the water to go..

Most pool/spas have some by pass that allows the spa to have a spillover. Some just have you offset the Return valve like you are thinking about doing, but a lot have a make up valve..

Show us a couple of pics of your equipment pad showing the area all around your Return valve.

Thanks,

Jim R.

It does not appear that you have any kind of make up valve, so offsetting the Return valve is your main option.

The problem is that there does not appear to be any kind of check valve in the line going to the spa.. Normally this will cause the spa to drain back into the pool whenever the pump is off, unless you fully close the Return valve..

Thanks,

Jim R.

It does not appear that you have any kind of make up valve, so offsetting the Return valve is your main option.

The problem is that there does not appear to be any kind of check valve in the line going to the spa.. Normally this will cause the spa to drain back into the pool whenever the pump is off, unless you fully close the Return valve..

Thanks,

Jim R.
yes, I always close the valve to the spa. Thus I should be fine to turn the valve when the pump is running if I would like to switch the pool mode to spa mode? Thank you.

Reactions: Jimrahbe
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.