Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Howdy everyone!

I converted my pool this year over to SWG (where has THIS been all my life!) and the last item I am working to get in target range is TA. It has been 140-150 on every test for the last month. Everything is in line so I built a DIY aerator and have been running it today after dropping my pH to 6.8-7.0 (overshot a tad, oops!).

Anyhow, knowing that this process is off-gassing CO2 I was admiring my efforts whilst enjoying an adult beverage and noticed something over near the pool light. Bubbles coming from the bottom! I suspect this is off-gassing but it it is a ways away from my aerator. What do you all think?

Here is a video of the bubbles...the little things floating in front of the light...

And for S&Gs, here is a video of my DIY aerator. You can see the direction it is spraying and its relation to the light area...

D,

Very cool and simplistic way to aerate. My wag on the bubbles is that you may have the water very close to the oxygen saturation level. Then where water in a different part of the pool is at a slightly higher temperature it becomes super-saturated and releases the oxygen in the form of a bubble. Colder water has a higher saturation level.

Chris

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.