Queen B says Hello & Help!! :)

Well the bag of powdered stuff and tabs will add CYA and I think there was previosly some dispute on your levels there. Don't add any more of those types for now until an accurate reading is done. Stick with the liquid chlorine/bleach to shock and keep up the filter, brush, shock routine. You are already seeing results and you need to stay on that path

:? OK! I've been tuggin away at the pool all weekend. The pool is blue & still cloudy, I can't see all the way to the bottom & when I've backwashed, it seems like the glass jar goes clean pretty fast. After about 3 min. I'm continuing to keep my FC high & brushing TONS...I've put a stocking around my skimmer basked to catch small particles to hopefully get it cleaned easier. LET ME TELL YOU!!! GROSS!!!! It looks like I have millions of worms in there.

I'm going to get a replacement pressure gauge and a new vacuum hose, I noticed when I put the skimmer basket lid on last night I could hear air, Pressure was awkward and the pump basket had very little water and a lot of air. Is this normal?

Also, I've measured my pool & updated this in my signature.

queenb said:
I'm going to get a replacement pressure gauge and a new vacuum hose, I noticed when I put the skimmer basket lid on last night I could hear air, Pressure was awkward and the pump basket had very little water and a lot of air. Is this normal?
No. Sounds like the pump basket gasket leaks.

Next time you clean out the pump basket, make sure all the surfaces are clean. Look at the gasket to be sure it has no cracks.

You could also have sucked air in a vortex in the skimmer while cleaning the skimmer basket, especially if the water level is a little low. There should be an air bleed on top of the filter. Just crack it open a little bit when it's running until air stops hissing and water comes out, then close it.

OK! I've got my new pressure gauge on & it's reading between 10 & 12 after I've backwashed, the pressure goes to zero when pump is off. I will be vacuuming here shortly, I will check what the pressure is then. The pool is still filtering and the algae is still collecting in the nylon on the skimmer basket. Bleach will be added when the sun goes down. :?: Even though I am still shocking, should I test the water other than the FC? :hammer:

OK! So, I get to order my test kit Wed. I've taken my pool water (which BTW is almost clear) to the pool store to test. I'm going to lube the drain plug and the ring on the pump basket. Do I dry it off or is it OK to apply wet? I see a HUGE difference from when I first started and I know/hope it will get there soon.

These are the results from the pool store, I am still keeping my chlorine high (I think :?: ), Until I can perform an overnight FC test.

Results:
FC: 5
TC: 5
CC: 0.0 makes me think I need to continue shocking???
TA: 0
pH: 6.5
CH: 62
CA: They weren't able to test completely, she added some powder and said there was stabilizer in the water but the reading wouldn't be accurate. They won't have reagent for another week or so. :hammer:
Copper: 0
Iron: 0
Dissolved Solids: 500
Saturation Index:-don't know what this is but she said not to worry about it- -4.47 (Corrosive) -states on printout.

I really want to fix the basket before I adjust, if needed anything. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Also,
When is it safe to swim? I really need to get a hold on this, my kids are getting ants in their pants :) :lol:

OK, so I have the HTH 6way kit, My CA is reading 20!

Lubed the ring & drain plug. I still see bubbles. I've looked around the pump and don't see anything. The only place I've not looked is the bottom. Hard with the concrete and I don't know how to take the PVC apart. Really need to solicit some (motivated) man help :) :p

Added 1 182oz bottle for tonight. I tried to vacuum and lost water in the pump basket again. Also the pressure gauge went straight to zero! I know somethings working because the pool is getting bluer by the day. I left the filter running while at work & backwashed when I got home.

Any suggestions next?? I'm exhausted want to just scream right now. So going to hit the hay! :sleep: Anything would be helpful!

Thank you in advance.