cyn37

Bronze Supporter
Mar 11, 2021
Alpharetta, Ga
I realize this has been asked and I have read through those posts, but I was wondering if some of the members that chose quartzcapes can comment on how it has held up over the years. We bought our house and the pool needs resurfacing. I like the QS a little better than the SS, but the both the contractor and the rep at NPT both prefer the SS. It is a small pool, saltwater, but we do get a good amount of leaves. Oh, and I like lighter colors...I want a pretty sky blue color. I would appreciate anyone's help trying to choose between these two surfaces. Thank you.

I can't tell you the difference but have you looked at Stonescapes micro pebble? It's what we got and it's much smoother than the mini.

I realize this has been asked and I have read through those posts, but I was wondering if some of the members that chose quartzcapes can comment on how it has held up over the years. We bought our house and the pool needs resurfacing. I like the QS a little better than the SS, but the both the contractor and the rep at NPT both prefer the SS. It is a small pool, saltwater, but we do get a good amount of leaves. Oh, and I like lighter colors...I want a pretty sky blue color. I would appreciate anyone's help trying to choose between these two surfaces. Thank you.
What is the price difference between the minipebble and quartzscapes? Our PB is charging 20% more -$1,000- for Quartzscapes over minipebble (both at the least expensive color tier)

cyn37, did you decide on which pebble you'll use? And to answer your question re: price diff between micro and mini - our bids have been averaging 15% more for applying micro pebble over mini. They are definitely steering us toward mini pebble. All 8 bids - they all say mini pebble is best bang for our buck. A couple will not even apply plaster/quartz! And the polished scapes? That's crazy expensive...we didn't even get it in writing. But one bid was 4k more when we went from mini pebble to micro with added glass beads (we have two separate pools so it's a lot of product). I just am so leery of a rough surface. I actually like the smoothness of plaster, but we want this finish to last longer. They're telling us plaster these days is not made like it was 40 years ago when it was put in our pool. It won't last as long now. So, 🤷‍♀️ hard to know what the right choice is. Will just do as much research as possible then live with our decision. This forum is a huge, huge help.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.