Quad DE.. strange modification to air bleeder found, keep or replace?

mcinlb

Aug 24, 2017
Long Beach, CA
I cleaned out our Pentair Quad DE 80 and after putting it back together, started thinking about the air bleeder assembly which looked kind of strange. Unfortunately, I didn't take a picture of it before putting it back together. I drew a picture of what I saw and am curious why someone would make a modification like this, what the ramifications are and should I put it back to 'stock'?

Thanks!QuadDE80 AIr Bleeder.jpg

Last edited:
On some parts illustrations, they show a pipe outlet and diverter assembly at the bottom. I wonder if that has something to do with the vet tube? But not all sites show that part as available, and if it is, they are quite expensive. I wonder if that was a homemade retrofit way of serving that purpose? @Richard320 have you seen that before?

@Texas Splash , Thanks. It's odd my filter has the baffle assembly pictured (#12) in this diagram. I looked up the diverter you mentioned and it seems to be a U shaped pipe attaching where my baffle goes.

The diagram I mentioned comes straight off the air bleeder pipe in the center of the manifold.

I'm wondering if there is any benefit to replacing the baffle I have ( Baffle/Bulkhead Assembly, CLN/CLR/DE #190039) with the Pentair Quad DE Filter Diverter Assembly Retro Kit | 196024S?

Our filter is about 12 years old FWIW.

Screen Shot 2020-07-28 at 2.20.08 PM.png

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.