PVC sizing confusion

Apr 26, 2017
Chicago, IL
I will have my pool installed in a few weeks. 12x24 Doughboy with a 1hp Hayward xstream cc10092stl pump/cartridge filter that has 1.5" input/output and a 150k btu Hayward h150fdn heater that has 2" input/output so I am a bit confused on what proper size PVC piping will be needed in this setup?
Pool will have 1 return/1 skimmer. Should they run 1.5" pvc pipes from pool to the pump/filter then 1.5" with a 2" adapter to the heater and then another adapter 2" to 1.5" back to the pool? Or 2" PVC everywhere with reducers for 1.5" where needed?

Last edited:
I will have my pool installed in a few weeks. semi inground 12'x24'x52" Doughboy with a 1hp Hayward xstream cc10092stl pump/cartridge filter that has 1.5" input/output and a 150k btu Hayward h150fdn heater that has 2" input/output so I am a bit confused on what proper size PVC piping will be needed in this setup?
Pool will have 1 return/1 skimmer. Should they run 1.5" pvc pipes from pool to the pump/filter then 1.5" with a 2" adapter to the heater and then another adapter 2" to 1.5" back to the pool? Or 2" PVC everywhere with reducers for 1.5" where needed?

1.5" pipes and reducing to 2" at the heater will work fine.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.