dalu

Aug 3, 2022
mi
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I'm planning to move my pump and filter from the side of the pool to the side of the new deck once it's finished. This puts plumbing runs right around 15-20 ft, sort of like this:

1664390107613.png

Plumbing will be mostly under the deck, so I plan to leave the PVC above ground because it's largely protected by the deck and to make it easier to service if needed. I want to make sure the plumbing is mostly level and not running uphill, so I probably need to support the PVC a little off the ground at the pool and up until it reaches the pump to compensate for the grade. How do you support the pipe? Or maybe I'm overthinking it, and you just run it along the ground and don't worry about it. I'd guess the grade is probably 6-10 in. higher at the pump than it is at the pool.

Typically, you can either cut a piece of pipe about an inch taller than needed, put a notch in the top and use it. A cleaner look is to use a tee cut in half the long direction with a pipe as support.
Good idea! That makes sense. Do you just rest it on the ground, or drive it in a few inches?

Since you are in Michigan, lay it on a treated 2x4. that way when you have forgotten about it and rediscover it in 10 years you wont have to dig it out of the dirt. don't over think it. remember it is buried a lot of the time.

Reactions: dalu
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.