PVC outside form / Under construction

CMorrow

Gold Supporter
Jul 18, 2018
Austin, TX
Hi, folks. First time posting. Just joined about a week ago. Am really enjoying the site and the expertise. Thank you.

We are having our first pool built and are a few days away from gunite. I brought to our PB's attention that some PVC is a bit under or outside the form and that I was worried it wouldn't be encased in gunite once it's shot. He's sending plumbers tomorrow to take a look. I'm worried that he's going to try to encourage us to accept this because of the way he was talking when he looked at it. I don't think I'm going to budge...unless I'm wrong in thinking that the pipes -- except the one running to the equipment (which will be buried) should be fully encased in the gunite. Below are some pics, one from the top of the form looking down a side wall, the other from behind the form in a corner. From both pics you can see portions of PVC that are resting outside. Any pointers would be appreciated. Trying to figure out if I'm right that they all need to get inside the form or if there's some other way of looking at this issue.
Thanks.
Christian

Attachments

kimkats

Mod Squad
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 10, 2012
Tallahassee, FL
If that is allowed to stay like that you will have a hard time with grass care/cutting it seems to me. BUT will you have concrete or steppers put down then it might be enclosed in that. Do you have a copy of your overall plans that you could share?

CMorrow

Gold Supporter
Jul 18, 2018
Austin, TX
Kimkats, thanks for the reply. Plumber came out today and was able to move everything inside the form. Should be good from here on out. Thank you!