PVC Help.Hooking up Heatpump to Intex Pool

Poolnewbie144

Jul 2, 2020
Littleton, CO
Hey all,
I'm trying to hook up our Hydroroyal RA 110 heatpump up to our Intex pool (big one 32'x16'x52") and the heatpump guys made it seem so simple, ha! So the unions on the heatpump are 2" PVC. I believe the hosing on the Intex is 1.2". The heatpump is approx 18.5 ft from filter/pump, and 24ft from outlet into pool. Should I use 2" PVC piping or the 1.5" piping to try to save pressure? (Using adapters?? What kind I'm so confused.)Our pump is 0.52 HP. What is the best way to plumb this? When using threaded connections do you use PVC glue or just tape? I have never done any piping work. Including a picture of the port on the heatpump.

Attachments

• 20210625_145725.jpg
    20210625_145725.jpg
    427.9 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
you will have to get some fittings to convert the intex to pvc, the threads are not the same. then go with whatever size pipe the manufacturer recommends, but obviously you will have to reduce at some point and the smaller diameter pipe is a little cheaper. don't glue threaded fittings. look around the site for intex modifications, there are lots of different examples.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.