Putting in a SWG

Just put a new pool in so really have no figures to base on but keep,hearing about the salt system and how cheap it is. I just bought a small bucket of chlorine when other day for 50 bucks. I was like dang. It doesn't look like rocket science to install. I have a jandy filter with a chlorinator. It takes 80 buckets so I can just take that out and put the salt in its place. Dos anyone recommend a particular one? I have a 23k gallon pool.

Re: Adding a Salt Water Generator to my system (IS IT WORTH IT ?)

I am fond of Hayward Aquarite, only because I find its the easiest to install, I trust their cells and I can get a hold of Hayward anytime. Make sure you get the T15 cell or if another brand, one of comparable Cl daily output.

I've been thinking Bout this too. Just put a new pool in so really have no figures to base on but keep,hearing about the salt system and how cheap it is. I just bought a small bucket of chlorine when other day for 50 bucks. I was like dang. It doesn't look like rocket science to install. I have a jandy filter with a chlorinator. It takes 80 buckets so I can just take that out and put the salt in its place. Dos anyone recommend a particular one? I have a 23k gallon pool.

I think you need to start a thread of your own as you have some questions and also some statements that likely aren't really of interest to the OP. If you bought a "bucket" of chlorine you likely aren't doing bleach and I'm a little concerned when you talk about substituting salt in it's place and don't really mention installing a Salt Water chlorine Generator (SWG).
Most of the in line chlorinators use tables and they only hold a few. I haven't seen one that could hold 80 buckets of them , , , but maybe ??

And when you have time can you please add your pools info to your signature as outlined here - - > http://www.troublefreepool.com/content/165-getting-started

Last edited:

I think you need to start a thread of your own as you have some questions and also some statements that likely aren't really of interest to the OP. If you bought a "bucket" of chlorine you likely aren't doing bleach and I'm a little concerned when you talk about substituting salt in it's place and don't really mention installing a Salt Water chlorine Generator (SWG).
Most of the in line chlorinators use tables and they only hold a few. I haven't seen one that could hold 80 buckets of them , , , but maybe ??

And when you have time can you please add your pools info to your signature as outlined here - - > http://www.troublefreepool.com/content/165-getting-started

I think he was saying he could put the salt cell in place of the chlorinator.

My new house we moved into 2 weeks ago has a SWG. I always wanted one and I can tell you it is worth it. No hassle lugging chlorine or worrying that the car will get damaged from the chlorine. No maintenance. The key is to get one big enough so you don't have to run your pump forever unless you have a low speed pump. I currently run my pump 5 hours a day and the salt system is big enough that it chlorinates without a problem. If I had to run my 2.5hp pump for 12 hours a day, it would cost a fortune.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.