Purchased SWG -- How To Remove PVC Connections?

geno1005

Aug 30, 2015
Berea, KY
My new SWG just arrived and I'm going to attempt to install it in a few days. The folks where I bought it said that it can mount vertically or horizontally, but unfortunately the only piece of pipe of sufficient length on my return plumbing is at a 45 degree angle, which they said will not work.

I've glued PVC together, but have never had to take it apart. Every video that I've watched seems to center around a blow torch, but some of the connections are uncomfortably close to other pieces and parts of the system to do that....if there's another option. Are there other alternatives that will work?

Thanks in advance

Geno

Can you show us a photo?

I’m no PVC expert, but it might be easier to just cut the section out, if you have room.

Pvc connections are chemically welded together and not meant to be taken apart. Generally you would cut out the portion of pipe you’re replacing and then cement in replacement fittings.

Like Kelly mentioned a picture would help to recommend ideal placement.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.