Purchased new liner for my inground pool...

ShawFamily2019

Jun 19, 2019
Ohio
I purchased a new liner for my inground pool and I want to make sure I do everything right. Our old one was about 13yrs old and wrinkling and pulling away from the sides. I'm so afraid that half the time I didn't have the chemicals right. I shocked it last night because it said there was zero chlorine. With this new, dark blue liner, I noticed the shock is laying all over the floor of the pool. I never noticed with our other liner because it was lighter. Any suggestions? And now it's reading High Chlorine

DorsalSpine

Silver Supporter
Jul 8, 2013
Columbus, Ohio
You need to take a pool brush and sweep it around to get it to dissolve. You don't want it to stain your new liner. You need a good test kit and your should consider switching to liquid shock. Try reading the Pool School articles on the left side of the page. Lots of good information there.

Reactions: ShawFamily2019

livelox

Jun 13, 2019
Cyprus
In TFP no one will suggest you shock your pool. Instead we SLAM the pool. Slamming is keeping your chlorine high levels for some days and then running 3 tests to see if you pass them.
Read the ABCs of TFP and the ebook of TFP
Free tools free information. Spend a couple hours, get a good kit like Taylor K2006 and TF100 and you are set.
Read them and you will have them open your eyes, understand what is going on in your pool and therefore you will have more specific questions on what to do and how.

Also bumping your post for more to see and probably answer what you are asking.

It would be great if you updated your Signature and put details about your pool etc. Check mine for comparison.

Welcome to TFP
Livelox

Reactions: ShawFamily2019