Purchased Home - Pool Lighting Needs Upgrades

rwright88

May 2, 2020
Wake Forest, NC
Hello all,

Tried searching the forums and couldn't find anything directly on point, so wanted to post here. Did a bunch of work to the pool this year, and coming down to a couple of issues, that I wanted to run by all you knowledgeable pool folks.

Pool Lighting - Currently, the pool has fiber optic lighting installed and a simple bulb change will not light. That being said, I am looking to change these out to some LED lights. Currently there are two light fixtures: One for the pool and one for the spa, which seem to be the same size; the smaller spa size. Is there a recommended bulb in the Pentair collection that could be used for this or would be optimal given the lack of additional lighting ports. I am looking to use Pentair bulbs based on my investment in the Easytouch automation system.

I don't think there is a solution that will get me optimal lighting for this pool setup, but wanted a best case scenario. Pool is in-ground fiberglass; approx. 12 x 30', with another 6'x6' attached spa.

Thank you in advance.

Rick

ajw22

Gold Supporter
TFP Guide
Jul 21, 2013
Northern NJ
What is the size and model of your light niches?

I doubt Pnetair has any lights that will directly replace a fiber lighting system.