Purchased a pool today!

May 13, 2020
Hampton MN
I’m so excited!! We purchased a embassy pool co Century, it will have a doughboy liner, I upgraded to a sand filter as it came with a cartridge filter. The kit comes with a foam cove and the guy said we don’t need a pad if we use a good sand base, I’m skeptical but would think he would try to sell me more if I was open to it. They say it comes with a month of chemicals but I’m gathering that I won’t need some of the things they send with me, I plan to purchase a pool test kit as suggested by members on here before set up. We have someone coming to level the area this weekend and then will have sand delivered day of install. We are installing ourselves and I’m quite nervous about that. My husband plans to ask 2 guys he knows and then I’ll help as I can or just stay out of the way, whichever I’m told to do haha! What is the consensus on whether or not paying for the city will I fill it? I’m getting a quote today but wasn’t sure if it’s worth the extra charge versus just filling it with a garden hose. It’s not special water bu any means. Am I forgetting anything

Welcome! Good move on the sand filter. I never used a pad before, but this year I put one down and it did help. As for chemicals, with the exception of stabilizer (aka CYA or Cyanuric Acid), all the chemicals you need you can buy at the grocery store: bleach, borax, and baking soda. The pool store will try to sell you a lot of stuff you really don't need.
Ground preparation is the most important step. Make sure your ground is absolutely level. I used a water level and got my leg supports all within less than +/- 1/4". You will want to put something under the legs like paving stones so they don't sink into the ground. Good luck and enjoy your pool.

Excavation has begun!! It’s raining ?? so not sure if we’ll get it up today, I’m thinking maybe we will put the blocks down and then tarp it, I know we’ll have to re rake it but it’s being laser leveled so I’m hopeful it doesn’t vary too much, especially if we put a tarp over it!

Attachments

• 641DBAEF-3DC4-400A-84BC-39E7F55C9ACF.jpeg
    641DBAEF-3DC4-400A-84BC-39E7F55C9ACF.jpeg
    199.7 KB · Views: 13
  • 5724066F-C811-4317-B0E3-BB024696430C.jpeg
    5724066F-C811-4317-B0E3-BB024696430C.jpeg
    139.4 KB · Views: 12
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.