Silver Supporter
May 1, 2020
United Kingdom
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
The other day I noticed my pentair master temp was showing 45 on the display. I thought help that must be an error code so I fired up the pump to see if the heater would come on. When I did the number fell. So I think what must have happened was the heater was on and then the pump timer turned the pump off and the water sat against a hot heat exchanger in the and kettled. I can’t imagine this is too good for the heater. How do people deal with this or is it not a concern.

the heater won’t fire if the pump isn’t running.

Oh, you mean 45 C. I thought you were talking about a cold temperature at first reading.

The heater installation manual says...

The filter pump should run continuously when the heater is on, and for at least 5 minutes after the heater turns off. Any switches in the pump circuit (including circuit breakers) that can disconnect the pump must also disconnect the heater.

Intermatic makes timers that will shutoff the heater for cool down before it will shut the pump off...

Ajw- sorry yes Celsius is how it’s set and what we tend to use in the UK. I forgot to convert.

I have the pump on a plug in timer so sounds like I could put the heater on a timer that finishes 5/10 mins before the heater. The heater does seem to still ‘run’ for a bit after shutting the gas down when it reaches temp, so that wouldn’t happen but I guess that it would be preferable to the alternative of boiling the water in it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.