Austin TX
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-60
Circulation was slow when in Filter mode, so time to clean the filter. Afterwards, pump remains in prime mode and finally does an auto shut down. Only things that I touched were cleaning strainer, turning the Jandy valve at filter drain and the filter. Strainer seal not a problem 'cause in Recirc, pump works as it should. Jandy valve seems to be shut 'cause don't see any water in drain pipe. So must be filter. Pressure valve shows expected pressure after a cleaning and no leaks noticed. Opened filter back up and again checked that gasket is in good shape, regooped it and cleaned track. Gasket seems to be positioned correctly and band on filter tightened to where spring coils touch. Same result on restart.

Now in Recirc mode and awaiting delivery of DE for another try.

Thoughts on what I might be overlooking?

Post pics of your equipment pad, filter, MPV valve, and the Jandy valves you are talking about.

Pics from when I was building pad. Tan pipes are drain line with a clear, viewing pipe on bottom left; Jandy is at bottom of filter. MPV is the proper Pentair one for a Quad DE filter, installed summer 2020.
pool-pad-build-05-filter-drain-waste-module-jpg.160383

Diane,

If the pump primes in the recirculate mode, but not in the filter mode, then it can't be anything to do with the suction side. I would assume the problem is that the water has no place to go once it tries to leave the pump. That would mean the MPV, filter or any downstream Jandy valves.

I can't see how your filter could stop the water and a downstream valve should be obvious, so I am going with a bad MPV.

At this point my "guess" is just a good as any... :mrgreen:

Thanks,

Jim R.

See water coming through pool returns in filter mode. Things buttoned up for freeze tonight, so will try to compare what's there in Recirc vs Filter modes while priming this weekend.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.