Ryan226

Mar 17, 2021
Massachusetts
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
Okay, so I'm scrubbing my brain from my pool company's shoddy advice and I'm now curious how to best utilize my pump.
They had me running it 23 hours a day, 3 equal time lengths with speeds of 1700, 2300, 2700. I'm currently slamming and running @ 2000 24/7 until the slam is finished.

What I've been learning here is I can easily run it much lower, and/or for far fewer hours per day. We have an electric heater and a SWG.
From what I'm learning....I can run it much slower, assuming I have enough flow for the heater? There are nearby trees and we do get a good amount of debris, so I'm thinking of running it often, but lower.

I was thinking of running it maybe 18 hours, and see how things go...might be more of a trial/error, but I wanted to start off on a much better foot than I was on.
Any advice on speeds/schedule would be great!

During SLAM i run wide open. The rest of the time i run as slow as possible to keep my skimmers functioning. Since you have a SWG that may determine your slowest speed. I prefer to run 24/7 on slow only running wide open during manual vac. I do not understand running at a few different speeds. What is the purpose? A variable speed allows you to find the spot where you need to run for SWG/skimming. to save money and also lets you run wide open for manual vac.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.