Pump replacement

Jul 7, 2018
Kralendijk
I am looking for a new pool pump. The existing pump is a 3 yr old cheap 1HP, 1 speed pump and does the work for filtering but is very loud and when vacuuming it doesn't really
The pool companies on the island where I live are not the best when it comes to service therefor i am looking online.

I am thinking about a 2 speed pump where i can use the lower speed for filtering and the higher speed for vacuuming. I have to vacuum the pool every other day because of the fine dust we have here.

The pool is 10,000 gallon concrete pool with 1.5" plumbing on the pressure side. No heating and a TR60 sand filter.
Is it a good idea to change it to a 2 speed pump? And what power should it have?
What pump would people recommend?

Can you post your actual pool pump model?

A V Green VS motor would be best. You might have to change the impeller/diffuser, depending on what model your current pump is.

See Variable Speed Pool Pump Motors - INYOPools.com

I am not sure about shipping. Also, call Inyopools to be sure everything will fit before ordering.

OK -- still check out Inyopools. They carry Waterway VS pumps. For Pentair I would suggest Superflo VS. Do realize pool equipment is in very short supply this year.

Be sure anything you get will work with your electric system. Is your electric 50 or 60 hz?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.