Pump randomly turns on

First post, so hoping this is the right spot.

My pool pump will randomly turn itself on. I will come home from work it will be running. I wake up in the morning and it will be running.

Sometimes during the regularly scheduled run time, it will run but never stop. For example I run the pump from 10am-2pm. It will start at 10am but just keep running until I have to manually shut off the breaker.

It always does start at it's scheduled time and will never turn OFF randomly.

The Compool LX100 is controlling the pump, correct?

I have no experience with that system. Let's see if @JamesW can provide any guidance.

I don't know that system, but I would check the following:

1) Defective freeze sensor activating the pump.
2) Defective remote control signaling turn on.

Do you have a picture of the system?

Do you have a remote controller for the system?

I don't know that system, but I would check the following:

1) Defective freeze sensor activating the pump.
2) Defective remote control signaling turn on.

Do you have a picture of the system?

Do you have a remote controller for the system?
Yes I will take a picture of the system in a moment. I also have a remote but it has never worked? I have replaced the battery , so thinking bad remote

Possibly a bad remote. Maybe try disconnecting the remote to see if that solves the problem.
It could be that so I'll give it a try. One reason I DON'T think the remote is the issue is because most of the times when the pump is scheduled to run, and it's supposed to stop it just keeps going

For example. I have one of the run times from 7:30 pm - 12:30pm. Occasionally I will wake up in the AM and it's still running

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
The pump timer looks like a mechanical timer. It may be worn out and the OFF toggles are worn out.

You can buy a replacement...

Thanks. I'll check out the remote option first. If that doesn't work then I'll try this. While I'm at it, is there any Alexa enabled timers I can add? If I'm replacing it is like to go automated like the rest of my house

I used to have this Compool controller. I doubt the remote has anything to do with the problem, but you might want to have a look at the wiring behind the remote just for completeness.

I would say it's one of 2 things: (1) the mechanical timer is worn out so that the "off" toggles aren't hitting their target switch, or (2) the slider switch for the Filter pump (auto/off/on) is worn out and contact is being made where it shouldn't.

I was very happy to switch to automation. As primitive as the EasyTouch is, it has much more functionality than the old Compool. As an added bonus, the existing wiring for the Compool wall-mounted remote was reusable for the ET remote. My remodel was 1 year too soon to get the Intellicenter, sigh.

I used to have this Compool controller. I doubt the remote has anything to do with the problem, but you might want to have a look at the wiring behind the remote just for completeness.

I would say it's one of 2 things: (1) the mechanical timer is worn out so that the "off" toggles aren't hitting their target switch, or (2) the slider switch for the Filter pump (auto/off/on) is worn out and contact is being made where it shouldn't.

I was very happy to switch to automation. As primitive as the EasyTouch is, it has much more functionality than the old Compool. As an added bonus, the existing wiring for the Compool wall-mounted remote was reusable for the ET remote. My remodel was 1 year too soon to get the Intellicenter, sigh.
Ya I removed the battery to the remote like suggested above and woke up today, the pump team again all night

Sorry I got a bit confused, did you replace your timer with an automated "smart" pool timer?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.