LifeTime Supporter
Jun 1, 2011
Northern Maryland (near Delaware)
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
My Pump pressure usually holds at a shaky 14 psi after a backwash and during running. I noticed today it is holding at a steady 10 psi. Should I be concerned I did backwash last week for quite some time but I think it was around 14. Pool is clear and I see no evidence of sand in bottom? Should this be reason for concern? Also my flow is extraordinary out of the aqualuminator, I really wonder if the 1.5 hp is too much, that was the package I got. I don't want to spend the money to downsize if I don't need to, no complaints about water thus far. I rarely backwash since my pressure holds steady with pea pebbles and zeobrite. I only backwashed because I had a lot of water due to storms, go figure had a hose pop off Saturday and I wound up using city water after dumping maybe 4-5 inches due to rain.

Thanks

Yes, seems my outflow is really high and I dropped about 3-4 lbs psi. I get a whilpool around my pool, so I have it pointed down about 135 degrees. It has always had a strong outflow, Saturday one of my hoses popped off, not sure what is up or just coincidence.

Based on that, I think you have somehow removed a restriction on the pressure side of your system. That could be many. many things so I wouldn't even guess as to what it was but, by removing that restriction, the water is now flowing at higher volume.

That's usually not a bad thing unless something has happened inside your filter but it sounds like everything is operating normally.

I would simply benchmark 10psi as my new clean pressure and then backwash when psi gets 25% above 10.

The extended backwashing may have dislodged some stuff that's been in your filter a while and it oculd have also redistributed the sand and allows better flow. That may have resulted in lower bed restriction and thusly lower filter pressure.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.