pump power cord

pj hensley

May 1, 2020
wartburg tn
the kid who mows my grass ran over my brand new pump's power cord. My hubby says we have to buy a whole new pump cuz he can't see how the cord only can be replaced. Someone PLEASE tell me this isn't true. We have a rectangle Intex pool and only used the pump for 3 weeks last season.

As Brian said, post some pictures of the entry point of the cord and I bet somebody has an idea of how to replace it. If nothing else, you can cut the cord into and add an waterproof electrical box and splice in a new cord in the box.

The electrical cord looks like a permanent cord found on appliances not what is replaceable on stand-alone pool pumps.

Depending on how much wire is left you may be able to put an outdoor plug on the end. A splice in a waterproof box is sketchy and my experience is they don’t stay waterproof forever.

You could also splice it and cover the repairs with liquid electrical tape. If well applied, that stuff stays waterproof pretty much forever.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.