Pump operation & scheduling

Viperscorpio

May 25, 2019
Arizona
So, first off, a big thanks to you guys for helping me figure out my chemicals. Now that I drained/filled, everything's pretty stable.

That said - I have no idea what the current schedule for my Pentair pump is, or how to modify it. I tried reading the manual, but couldn't really make much sense of it.

For now, I've been hitting the quick clean button when I want to manually run it while I add chlorine, but would rather understand and/or tweak the schedule, to align with electric savings or other efficiencies/conveniences.

So, I guess the first question is...how do I read the existing schedule off this thing?

Pentair intelliflo variable speed

Thanks!

Attachments

• 15602989190378572873468199330353.jpg
    15602989190378572873468199330353.jpg
    352.3 KB · Views: 8
Do you have the Users Guide? If not, download it.

As it appears you are adding liquid chlorine each day, your pump run time is dominated by your skimming and pool water filtering needs. So you can determine how long and at what rpm it best serves those purposes. Then just be sure you add your chlorine such that the pump will run at least 30 minutes after you add the chlorine.

Yup - about 48-60 oz of 12.5% a day - does that seem right for 13k gallons in Phoenix heat?

I did download the manual, but couldn't really make heads or tails of getting the schedule figured out or set.

Is there a good baseline to start with for runtime? Like enough runtime for 1-2x pool volume?

Thanks!

Turnover is a myth.

Your chlorine adds are about right.

I have to admit I have never used the schedules on the Intelliflo itself. I have always had the Easytouch and that controls the pump.

A friend gave me some. He used to have his own pool business, and gets it from a place that doesnt serve the public. He just gave me 8 gals to start out. Not sure if I'll be able to re-up regularly, or if I'm gonna have to go with bleach or 10% at home Depot (hdx).

Do you have any recommendations for the area in case I can't get some via my friends commercial connection?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I checked out my Fry's when the wife sent me on a late night ice cream run, and they have it $6/2gal, which isn't too bad, but I couldn't figure out where the date was on em. I'll have to take a closer look next time when it's not 5 mins to close haha

I was just revisiting this thread, so ask about Fry's/Safeway being added for AZ options..

And while the top portion for AZ doesn't mention it, burried further down someone mentions 12.5% at corsons a&m on Warner & McQueen, 4 for $15, sometimes less with coupon. That said, the post was from 2015. Going to swing by after work tomorrow and see what it's like currently.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.