Pump Not Turning on when EasyTouch Filter button pressed

cfuller

Apr 14, 2020
Conroe, Texas
I am Totally at a loss- and feel like I have tried everything. Hoping someone here can help. I have an Intelliflo VF, Easytouch 8, and ScreenLogic2. When in Auto mode my pump has “display not active” so the easytouch and pump are communicating. I currently have one schedule to the pool only from 8:00 to 8:00. I have Checked all circuit names and circuit functions. Circuit 1/18 is spa/ spa master, circuit 2 is pool/master pool. The intelliflo is programmed with VF, circuit = pool, flows are scheduled, status says “no comm”. I have An expansion comm board, with the pump wires to the terminal labeled J20 with only the yellow and green connections. When I hit the air blower, that comes on and off. The ScreenLogic also still controls the air blower. So it seems that the comm board and screenlogic aren’t the problem. When I put the easytouch in timeout- the pump works perfectly. Anyone have any ideas?

C,

Just to be clear, are you saying that in the AUTO mode the pump does not run, but in the Service mode you can control the pump from the pump's own control panel?

When in AUTO the pump should say "Display Not Active" and in the Service mode it should show the standalone pump display.

Does your display show AUTO and below that Pool???

Show me this page from ScreenLogic..

For the pump to run the EasyTouch must have an active Circuit with a speed assigned.. Something like Pool = 1200 RPM or XX GPM...

Try resetting the system by pushing the "reset" button on the main panel.. The reset button does not erase anything, it is like rebooting your PC.. Keep in mind that it may take a few minutes for things to start working again.

In normal operation there is just no reason to every push the "F" button.. What are you trying to do??

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thank you so much for taking your time to help me! My ultimate goal is to have the pump turn on with the easytouch set schedule and be able to use my ScreenLogic again to fire up the hot tub on my way home. Right now the pump works in service mode when I use the pump controls, but when I switch to auto on the easytouch- the pump won’t turn on And the Status for the intelliflo shows “no comm”. F59007CF-DA03-45AE-B44A-A4BB81BF2380.jpeg95946194-FC3A-409A-B2F1-FC3CD457CAFD.jpeg

C,

Do you actually have two IntelliFlo pumps???

I suspect that the "F" button only turns on pump #1 and what you showed above is for pump #2..

Is this is a new install, or you just installed a different pump, keep in mind that Pump #1 and Pump #2 have different RS-485 addresses.

Often, the last thing that was done to a pool is the cause of any new problem... Tell us more.. Has this all been running fine and then one day it no longer worked, or did you play with the programing, install something new or ???

Thanks,

Jim R.

Ok- what makes you say this is pump 2? it is pump 1 and the address on the pump matches. This has been in the works for months. After the Texas freeze we had to get a Whole new heater, new plumbing, and my ScreenLogic protocol adapter stopped working about a year ago, so we went ahead and got a new one Of those at the time as well. We had the heater replaced and all was good. Then ScreenLogic was installed and now the pump will not run with the easytouch schedules. EEPROM was completely erased and all circuit names, functions, etc have been reprogrammed. Pentair techs have signed in to ScreenLogic and said all things are set properly. I have had several pool techs come out to try and fix it- one told me I needed A new pump. But why would i need a new pump when it all works perfectly - just doesn’t communicate with the easytouch? After that, I purchased an extended comm board because I thought Maybe too many wires in the J20 were causing interference. Still won’t communicate. Bought a new RS-485 cord- still doesn’t work. I only have one pump. I think When you are Looking at the picture it might be at an angle that appears to have the pump 2 tab highlighted- but it isn’t- this is all set to pump 1. When I totally Reset the pump in easytouch, it will start out with saying the status is normal- then it will attempt to run the schedule, you hear the click and see the F light come on, then a moment later the status will change to “no comm“. So- the pump thinks it’s being controlled by easytouch- but when easytouch sends a command to run the pump something breaks down.

I have tried to figure out if there is something on the actual pump that needs to be set different (like maybe in the external control menu) or I was Curious about the background filtering with the VF.

called another pool tech Monday- they were supposed to come Friday- never showed. I am just at a loss. I have Read every manual, for easytouch, ScreenLogic, and the VF- I just cant Find anything that is wrong.

C,

Yes, I only saw the tab that said "Pump 2"...

On the screen that says "Pump Type : VF" right below that it says "Filter circuit flows"... What do you see what you select that line..??

I am more familiar with VS pumps, but we have seen similar things before.. Basically the pump can see the EasyTouch but the EasyTouch can't see the pump.. The RS-485 has different circuits.. It sends commands out on one circuit and receives commands on another circuit. We have seen several pump where the send circuit is dead, but the pump's screen still says "Display not active" because the receive circuit is still working.. If anyone connected or disconnected an RS-485 line with the power on, it can zap the RS-485 chip..

Obviously, there is no way for me to know for sure what is bad over the internet, but since you, Pentair, and several pool techs have looked at it, without resolution, it has to be something odd.

I'd definitely find out if the tech that is coming out next has a spare control head that he can install, or at least have the ability to test the RS-485 both the rec and send signals in and out of the pump.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.